HOW TO ERADICATE INJURIES AND CHRONIC PAIN QUICKLY WITHOUT PAINKILLERS, SURGERY, OR NEVER ENDING TREATMENTS WHILST ENSURING THE INJURY NEVER RETURNS
- Are you fed up of being in pain?
- Fed up of not being able to do things because you’re in pain?
- Have you been to see a number of therapists and Doctors and nothing has worked?
- Have you been told you just have to live with it?
- Fed up of recurring injuries?
- Are you classed as injury prone?
- Do you wish you could find a solution to your pain?
OK, well I’m going to show you how you can do just that…
In my early days in the health and fitness industry as a personal trainer back in the 1990’s, I occasionally had to deal with clients with injuries.
They would go and see their Doctor, physiotherapist, osteopath, chiropractor or massage therapist and some would get better, some would get better only temporarily and therefore get re-injured and some wouldn’t see any improvement.
I always wished I could help these people, but didn’t have the skill in most cases to do so.
I was concerned that some of these people whilst going to see professionals, who were meant to be able to help, would often be told:
- “Take painkillers and if it’s not better in two weeks, come back and see me”
- “It’s all in your head”
- “I can’t help you”
- “There’s nothing that can be done to help you”
- “You’ll need regular treatments for the rest of your life”
- “You’ll just have to manage the pain with painkillers” or
- “You’ll just have to learn to live with it”.
Luckily for me (and my clients) following my training to become a CHEK Practitioner in 2001, all that changed.
Lower Back Pain:
Following my completion of CHEK Practitioner Level 1 in 2001, I was helping people with lower back pain on a regular basis. They would have:
- Lumbar disc bulges (often called slipped disc),
- Spondylolysis (a fracture in the spine),
- Spondylolysthesis (a complete break in the spine)
- Spinal stenosis (a blockage in the spinal canal) and/or
- Sacro-iliac joint dysfunction.
Frequently, the clients were becoming pain-free by the end of the fourth week of their program. They couldn’t believe it (and to be honest neither could I). Often times they had seen many different leading professional experts and specialists before coming to see me without seeing any improvement.
Most conventional treatments focus on treating the symptoms.
The main focus of the programmes I gave them (following a detailed physical assessment) was to stretch their tight muscles and strengthening their weak muscles. I myself was amazed how affective the techniques were that I had learned on my CHEK Practitioner course. It almost seemed too simplistic.
“I was barely able to get out of bed or walk without being in excruciating pain. I visited my GP who prescribed me anti-inflammatories, pain killers and muscle relaxants and also referred me to an orthopaedic consultant. I couldn’t really leave the house for 10 days after that and could not get through the day without large doses of all the prescribed pills.
The orthopaedic surgeon diagnosed me with a prolapsed disc between L3 and L4 and advised giving it two more weeks before re-assessing and if there was no change he would consider either anaesthetic injections or spinal surgery. I was very miserable and my whole life was being adversely affected I could hardly drive, a day at work was agony and any movements in bed were very painful.
So I visited Leigh and he carried out a very detailed examination involving postural assessments, muscle strength testing and movement patterns. Leigh provided me with a detailed exercise programme, he took me through every exercise as well as providing me with pictures of each exercise to remind me of them. Within 5 weeks of following the initial programme, the pain had reduced hugely in my back and I had stopped taking any pain killers.”
Kathryn King, Mother & House-wife
In 2003, after completing CHEK Practitioner Level 2, I started seeing more sports men and women with injuries. I worked with rugby players, marathon runners, dancers, triathletes and footballers, just to name a few.
They came to me with chronic injuries that just wouldn’t go away, which meant missing competition and not being able to train effectively. Even though some of these athletes thought they had the best medical teams around them possible, I was able to help them eradicate their injuries and get back to better than their previous best performances, normally within 12 weeks.
I have been suffering from a sharp pain, swelling and tightness in the top of my right leg. It was especially bad when drop-kicking and punting. I had tried sports massage, acupuncture and stretching which had brought about some short-term relief. However, when playing rugby, the pain always returned.
I also suffered from sharp pain in both groins, which restricted my movements. The pain was worsened by kicking and changing direction at speed. As a fly-half, kicking and changing direction is an essential part of my game. Therefore, this pain was affecting my performance levels.
I also suffered from pain and pins and needles from both shoulders down to the hands and fingers. All the above injuries meant that I could only play three matches in a row before I had to take 3-4 weeks out to recover. This was very frustrating.
I decided to see Leigh to help condition me during the off-season so I would be ready for this season. I wasn’t very confident that anyone could get rid of these injuries.
Leigh gave me two separate stretching and strengthening programs to follow during the off-season.
It is now over half-way through the season and I am yet to get injured. In fact, I’m kicking better and further than ever. I’m running quicker, cutting off one foot better and bursting through tackles. I’ve never felt so sharp, quick and strong.“
Billy Stanley, Semi-Pro Rugby Player
Neck & Shoulder Injuries:
Following completion of CHEK Practitioner Level 3 in 2004, I started seeing more clients with neck and shoulder injuries.
I saw people with:
- Cervical stenosis
- Cervical disc bulge
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Rotator Cuff tears and
- Atlas subluxation Complex
I also started working more with elite swimmers and tennis players who often had shoulder injuries.
Again, these people had been to see a number of rehabilitation specialists, often spending thousands of pounds, with no improvement in the condition. I worked with people who had multiple shoulder surgeries that only gave temporary relief, yet when they followed my programme, their pain disappeared.
The reason I was able to help these people when other treatments and approaches had failed was because of the comprehensive assessment process I performed on these clients and athletes.
The comprehensive assessment enables me to uncover the cause or causes of the injury, rather than just treating the symptom. Symptoms are the affect, not the cause of the pain. Symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg.
It has also been crucial to understand the inter-relationship between the upper cervical spine (upper neck) and the rest of the body and knowing how to put it right, which is very specialised in terms of the correction techniques and the exercises required to keep it in place.
I approached Leigh Brandon who advised me that a thorough evaluation was necessary to determine the causes. An exercise program was specifically tailored following a thorough physical assessment to improve my stability and strength.
In addition, Leigh recommended a NUCCA chiropractor to align my Atlas. A combination of all the coaching and recommended therapies had incredible results and I no longer suffer from repeated neck pain.”
Emilia Christodoulides, IT Help Desk Manager
Having completed CHEK Practitioner Level 4 in 2007 and CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coaching Level 3, plus certifications in Metabolic Typing®, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition®, strength and conditioning, Active Release Technique® and a post graduate diploma in Sport & Remedial Massage, I have developed a thorough and effective system that enables people to overcome their injuries and get back to their optimum in the shortest possible time.
In the ‘Pain Elimination’ Programme you’ll receive:
- A thorough physical assessment, which will enable me to find the causes of your injury
- A thorough analysis of your health questionnaires to establish if there are any non-obvious causes. This is crucial to avoid a continuation of your symptoms.
- A detailed exercise programme, plus general nutrition and lifestyle advice that leaves no stone unturned, enabling you to overcome the causes of your injury and finally becoming pain free
- A programme manual that will remind you of the things you need to do to be successful, including an exercise diary so you can record your exercise routines which is crucial to progressing at the optimum speed to return to normal activities as quick as possible whilst not progressing too soon to cause further injury
- A video of all your exercises that you can put onto your mobile device to remind you of the correct techniques of each stretch and exercise in your programme. Perfect technique will speed your recovery time and prevent injury recurrence
- Two follow-up assessments during a six-month period to track your progress and adjust and upgrade your programme accordingly to speed up your recovery and minimise the chance of re-injury.
- Referrals to other allied health specialists where appropriate to ensure you receive the best all-round specialist care to eradicate all causes of your injury and optimise your recovery.
In the ‘Pain Elimination Plus’ Programme, you’ll receive:
- Everything in the Pain Elimination Programme, plus…
- Appropriate, nutrition and lifestyle coaching including metabolic typing® and Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis to ensure your tissues are getting the best ‘raw materials’ to maximise recovery.
- Access to the ‘MetabolicMe’ videos to help you to understand your metabolic type® to ensure you’re eating right to maximise recovery.
- Laboratory testing can be carried out for:
- Food sensitivities (blood sample)
- Adrenal/Hormonal Panels (saliva)
- Liver Stress and Free Radical Damage (urine)
- Intestinal Infections (stool)
- - Note: lab fees are payable direct to the lab -
Supervised exercise sessions can be added to the programme if you feel you need close supervision performing the stretching and strengthening programmes. Close supervision is likely to increase your speed to full recovery.
You can also add Sport & Remedial massage treatments to the programme to help improve muscle balance and aid recovery, ultimately speeding up the time to full recovery.
Active Release Techniques® (ART) can also be added to re-align fibrotic (scar) tissue in muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and help release nerve entrapments. In many instances, ART will greatly speed up the time taken to recover from pain or injury.
Pain Elimination programmes normally require you to spend five to 10 minutes, five to six days per week performing your stretch programme.
The programme requires approximately two to three hours per week performing the strengthening exercises. Workouts are designed depending on the number of days you can exercise and how much time per day you have available.
Each strengthening programme lasts between 20 and 60 minutes.
All programmes are designed around your time and equipment availability. Some of the exercises can be performed at home with little equipment. As you progress through the programme you may require more equipment, which can involve performing the exercises at a gym or purchasing equipment for home so you can achieve optimal results.
The Pain elimination programme starts at an investment of as little as £56 per week, which is about the price of a meal for two at your local restaurant, so is very affordable for most.
All programmes are a minimum of six months in duration and all sessions must be used within the six-month period. This helps to prevent procrastination and increases the likelihood of sticking to the programme, ultimately helping you to eliminate pain faster.
How to Get Started:
- Call or email today to arrange your initial consultation
- We’ll send you a set of health appraisal questionnaires to complete and return prior to the consultation.
- Attend your initial consultation
- Agree on the best plan forwards to achieve your goals
- Start and complete your Pain Elimination Programme and say goodbye to pain.
There’s absolutely NO RISK, if you decide that you don’t receive value for money from the analysis of your paperwork and the initial consultation, we’ll refund your £165 initial consultation fee.
Contacts us today to arrange your initial consultation. You have nothing to lose except your pain!
Metabolic Type® and Metabolic Typing® are Registered Trademarks of Healthexcel, Inc.